Michigander Bicycle Tour
25TH ANNUAL MICHIGANDER BICYCLE TOUR: Bikes, Brews & Beaches JULY 16-23, 2016
The 25th Michigander will take place in West Michigan and along Michigan's Gold Coast.
Named one of the "Top 10 Multi-Day Rides in America" by Bicycling Magazine, The Michigander combines beautiful trails, Great Lakes beaches, lighthouses, rivers, virgin white pines, and a healthy serving of brewpubs.The Michigander Bicycle Tour is also a part of theThe Pure Michigan FITness Series. This series endorses local, regional and state events consistent with the Governor’s Council mission to promote healthy choices, while offering a physical activity event open to all participants, regardless of skill level or age.
The 2016 Michigander is offers three tour options; 2-Day Tour, 6-Day Tour or 8-day Tour which combines both the 2-Day and 6-Day Tours. Routes feature a mix of paved and crushed limestone surfaced trails and roads, and on occasion (if necessary) short jaunts on dirt roads and or unpaved trails. The 2-Day Michigander is designed to be a casual, easy ride up to 30-35 miles each day. It starts and finishes in the same town, so those that prefer a shorter ride can simply turn back at any time. The 6-Day Tour moves upwards of 50-60 miles a day and moves from town to town. Those that do the 8-Day Tour often consider the 2-Day Tour as a good warm up to the 6-Day Tour.
Camping is included as well as breakfast and dinner daily. About 20% of the riders stay in nearby recommended hotels. For those that prefer to have someone else set up their camp,Michigan Cycling Charters offers set up and tear down service for a reasonable fee.
The Michigander Bicycle Tour includes:
- Dinner and Breakfast daily
- Hearty and Healthy Fare with Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free meals available.
- Mix of schools and campgrounds
- Hot Showers/Shower Trucks
- Gourmet Coffee Daily
- Evening Shuttles
- Fresh Water and Snacks every 10-15 miles
- Baggage transport
- Cell phone charging stations
- Evening entertainment
- Yoga & Stretching
Additional Fee Based Amenities
- Mobile Bicycle Repair & Maintenance
- Massage Therapists
- Michigan Cycling Charters
- Kelty Tent rental with setup and take down each day with your baggage waiting in your tent.
- Set up and take down each day with your baggage in your provided tent.
- Cooler and chair rentals and more.
Hotel Room Blocks
We set up the best rates when possible for you to book yourself in a mix of hotels, inns, cabins and bed and breakfasts as close as we can to camp.
Shuttle service to and from camp available on the 6-Day Michigander provided the hotel is more than 3 miles from camp.
- 2-Day $125 adult | $75 youth (7-12) | Youth 6 & under are free
- 6-Day $450 adult | $400 youth (7-12) | Youth 6 & under are free
- 8-Day $525 | $475 youth (7-12) | Youth 6 & under are free
Youth 6 & under are free with parent or legal guardian, all minors must have medical release forms with them at all times during the ride Registration closes June 30, 2016, though merchandise sales for ride jerseys will close May 1, then riders will have to purchase from inventory available on the ride.
*Group rates available for groups of 20 or more to qualified group tour operators and receptives. Email us for details.